Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right
systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless, employees also have a vital part to play in
the equation. They need the correct knowledge and the right attitude, which demands proper
training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
The Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment aims to provide supervisors and employees with an
opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the risk assessment process
and the skills required to undertake a suitable and enough risk assessment.
These include why risk assessments are necessary, the legal requirements relating to risk
assessments and simple processes for carrying out a risk assessment.
The Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment is valid for a period of three years.
• Understand the legal aspects of risk assessments
• Appreciate the practical processes of hazard identification, risk prioritization, control
measures & monitoring & review requirements of risk assessments
• Undertake & review a risk assessment
• Follow the set policies & procedures laid down by the customer
• Record a risk assessment using a standard proforma
There is no established pre-requisite for attending this training, however participants must
understand and be able to communicate in English Language.