This IRCA registered lead auditor course is for the serious OHS management system auditor. A challenging course that will equip you with the planning skills to lead an audit team, carry out complex supplier audits, external 3rd party audits and deliver accurate, defendable and value adding reports. This course is also extremely useful for OHS system managers. It describes the key elements and supporting processes of an effective, ISO 45001 based management system that is focused on continual OHS improvement.
This course is for those intending to acquire the competence to audit an organization’s entire OHSMS to meet the requirements of ISO 45001, either as a third or second-party auditor.
Successful completion of this CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor (OHSMS) Training course (within the five years prior to making an application to become a certificated auditor) will satisfy the training requirement for certification as an IRCA Certificated OHSMS auditor.
This course is designed for delegates who have prior knowledge of occupational health and safety management principles and concepts, and the requirements of ISO 45001.
Each participant is required to have studied the current published version of ISO 45001:2018 standard prior to attending the course.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals who want to progress towards Exemplar Global Certified OH&S Auditor status
- Individuals interested in conducting first, second and third party audits
- Individuals leading their companies to ISO 45001 certification
- Health and safety managers
- Industrial hygienists and safety professionals
- Occupational health and safety managers
- Internal audit coordinators
Corporate or division H&S auditors
- Corporate loss control/risk managers
- Certification body auditors
Key Session Topics
- Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system
- Explain the purpose of occupational health and safety management system standards
- Explain the purpose of management system audit
- Explain the purpose of third-party certification, and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health and safety management system
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an occupational health and safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health and safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001, and in accordance with ISO 19011